Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Relations to Lena and Kostos' Story

So I have seen the movie version of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and I have also read the book, but I enjoy the movie's version of Lena's story more than how the book told it.  It may be because the movie writers probably wanted to make the story more interesting and romantic, so they added in many different scenes and completely changed the way Lena and Kostos met.  In the movie, Lena accidentally falls off of the dock and into the Mediterranean Ocean.  Her pant leg gets stuck on a piece of metal at the bottom of the ocean and she can't seem to get herself out of it.  Then, coincidentally, an attractive and single Greek native dives in and rescues her.  Now, who wouldn't want to tell this story to their kids about how they met?  Their encounter is basically every girl's dream.  To be saved by a gorgeous and all around good guy and for him to be interested in you is something that is kept to the story books and television screens.  Sadly, this encounter would not regularly happen but with fate involved, who knows what would happen.  I think the reason that I love this part of the story line so much is that I recently had something that happened to me that I can relate it to.  I went on vacation with my parents and my friend to Mexico.  While I was there, I knew I would meet boys but I never knew I would meet someone as awesome as this one guy I came across.  We met at the bar one night (don't hate me Mrs. Healey, I wasn't intoxicated) and we started talking.  We then took a walk and continued to just talk about our lives in a very natural way.  I was realizing then that this guy was literally perfect for me and it made me sad because he wasn't someone I could begin things with; he lived across the country and was in a long term relationship.  Of course.  But we still kept talking and I could tell that he was actually interested in me which was shocking since he was committed to someone already.  What was different about him was that I genuinely enjoyed being with him and was strangely comfortable with being myself around him even though we just met.  I have found it hard for guys to understand my personality and even my friends can tell you that about me, but he didn't seem to have any problem with who I was and I let him see me.  So, we ended up staying up the entire night laying on the beds by the pools under the Mexican sky and it was completely perfect and innocent.  As the sun began to rise and my time with his was coming to an end, I realized that I have never talked to a boy like this before.  We got deep but also laughed a lot together as we made dumb shapes in the clouds.  So I had to leave him and he had to go home to his girlfriend but regardless of him having previous commitments, I believe that fate was truly involved in our meeting.  When my friend and I got back to our hotel room after all of that time, my friend, witnessing the entire thing, says to me, "Lisa, I honestly think you just met your soul mate."  And I believed her because life doesn't just bring you to these people in such memorable ways and settings.  After all, my family wasn't even supposed to be going to Mexico when we canceled the first time, in January, the day before our departure because of the weather down there.  So of all times we chose and of all places in the resort, I met him in a specific time and setting that I may not have if I where somewhere else.  I still think fate is in the works.  

No comments:

Post a Comment